Saturday, January 9, 2010

You Can't Win if You Don't Play....

I literally cried after we lost tonight. I wanted Patty to get his 200th win SO badly, and I wanted us to have a seven-game winning streak. Not that six games in a row is bad, and at least we got a point - one we didn't really even earn - but I would've loved seven. And especially for Lalime.

So, basically, tonight didn't go too well.

I can't be mad at Matt Duchene. He's my favorite Avalanche player (and one of the few Avalanche I actually follow) and I've loved him since the draft. He's been doing really well, and with the two goals tonight, he's now leading in rookie scoring.

So, who CAN I be mad at?

Ugh. I don't even know. The shootout was terrible. I was a wreck, and I wasn't even at the game. I hate shootouts, and this one was way too long. I was praying, praying, praying.... and all for nothing. It didn't work.

We played terribly through most of the game. As Harry Neale & Rick Jeanneret said, for a good portion of the game it was like the Gaustad-Ellis-Mair like was the ONLY line doing anything. But it wasn't enough. It's never enough. The quick two-goal deficit wasn't good, and it was all downhill from there.

It looked good, for a while. We started to actually PLAY (which we tend to not do in front of Patty sometimes!) and scored the two goals and then tied it up and I went "OMG OMG OMG OMG YAYYYYYYYYYYY!~~~"

When Monty got the penalty late in the third, I flipped out. I love, love, love him... but getting a penalty that late in the game/carrying over into overtime when we JUST battled back to tie it is not the ideal situation. Thankfully, we were able to kill the penalty once again, but it was a nervewracking two minutes.

I don't even want to talk about the shootout. 11 shooters. Patty did an amazing job, and I'm very proud of him (and Matt Duchene!) :D

Oh, and I'd just like to include this picture because I think it's funny. MATTY, the net is not a playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment