Saturday, January 2, 2010

Down, But Not Out

Three goals in less than eight minutes, and things weren't looking too good.

But have no fear, the Comeback Kids are here!

For the second straight time, the Sabres were down 3-0 and came back to win. A great performance by Hecht (2 goals and 1 assist) was pivotal in the game, and Jochen ended up getting first star on NHL.com. Granted there were only two games yesterday, but I'm still proud of him!

Dear Sabres,
Please stop falling behind during games. I don't mind as long as you come back, but it gives the fans a heart attack sometimes. I'd like it if you guys stop sucking during the first period (yeah... they've been bad) and started working hard from the first puck drop.

Anyways... I'm glad we won. The first period was not good - we looked like we did too much partying on New Year's Eve! And falling behind 3-0 wasn't good either, but I had no doubt that we could come back. And sure enough, we did.

Derek Roy, I don't really like you, but thanks for getting the game winning goal in overtime.

I'm very glad we won, especially with Boston winning earlier in the day. We're still top of the Northeast, and we've moved into SECOND in the conference, behind New Jersey! I'm proud of the way these boys have been winning as of late, and if they continue to work hard, I think we can do great.

Montreal might be a challenge tomorrow, and then we've got three home games in four days (Tampa Bay, Toronto, Colorado) and we've also got that West Coast trip coming in a few weeks... so it'll be a tough next few weeks. But we can do it!

(Oh, and a note I'd like to add: This is the first time in franchise history that the Sabres have won back-to-back games by overcoming a three-goal deficit!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of excited for that west coast trip, though I'm going to miss these boys, haha. Can't wait to have to watch a game at like, ten thirty at night!

    ReplyDelete