Friday, January 15, 2010

Good way to start a road trip.....




All I can say is.... finally! The four days between Sabres games seemed like an eternity, even with the other hockey games on Versus and NHL Network. It's just not the same, and last night was such a relief to see the boys again.

It was a good game, albeit a little boring at times. It was very exciting to see Patrick Kaleta score in his first game back! He's been injured so much lately, on and off, and I think hadn't played a full game since before December 16th. So to see him score and do his adorable little goal celebration was very nice. Good to see him make an impact, not just in hits but also on the score sheet.

The one major problem I saw with the game was that we took too many penalties. Granted, we were able to kill almost all of them, but they need to stop. Discipline and less penalties would make things significantly easier on them!

Can I just put this on the record? I HATE OVERTIMES. They are so nerve-wracking.

Yet, for the second straight time against Atlanta this season, Derek Roy came through and clinched the win in overtime. Thanks, Derek!

(Oh, and a special thank you to Zach Bogosian for getting that penalty in overtime.)

Now, the Sabres are in Long Island! According to the Buffalo News, they have a practice at Nassau Coliseum today at 2 p.m., before the game tomorrow night.

It's a good way to start this seven-game road trip; let's hope it continues!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I saw that Derek scored and I yet again sat back down after celebrating the win. I GUESS it's nice that we won the game thanks to him scoring in OT. Sickens me he's leading this team with game winners though.

    ReplyDelete