Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Well well well... looks like all that praying I did yesterday paid off! I couldn't stop shaking during that whole game... shaking from nervousness, excitement, hope, anticipation, fear. I didn't want to watch anytime they got near Fleury, ha. But we pulled it out!

Osgood played an amazing game. He really kept Detroit in the game; if they had won the Cup last night, he may have been named MVP. I still think he may be, but of course I'm pulling for Malkin, who leads the series in points. On that note, the goaltending was great at both ends last night. Fleury could've easily collapsed after that 5-0 loss, but it's good to see he was able to get himself together. (Oh, and a kiss from his mama didn't hurt either!)

So here we are. Game 7. Get your VCRs and DVRs ready, because I have a feeling this is going to be one heck of a game. It's a totally different series now. It's anyone's game. In fact, championship goods for both teams (Detroit, Pittsburgh) can be found on Shop.NHL.com (thanks to Puck Daddy for the tip.)

Just one day after I e-mailed the Sabres.com web crew to ask if they have any info about a draft party.... an official announcement about a draft party! YAYYY. This year it's at the Albright-Knox, which is weird but also cool. At first I didn't understand why they would change the location - you know how much I adore HSBC Arena - but then I looked at the arena calendar and found that "Walking with Dinosaurs" is playing at the Arena that night. So that explains that.

3 pm - 10 pm. Autograph signings with current & former Sabres. Street hockey for kids. A Sabres Store Sidewalk Sale (try saying that three times fast! ha!). Food. Plus, of course, the actual draft. I'm so excited! I didn't go last year because it was the same night as my senior prom. Is it bad that I actually considered skipping out on prom to go? If I hadn't paid for the limo...

Anyways, last year I missed Mike Funk. I was so mad, because I have adored him since training camp a few years back and have yet to meet him :( Plus, that was the first draft party I've missed in a while (I went in 05, 06, and 07.)

Oh, and the Awards are next Thursday. I'm excited, but I wish they would've kept them in Toronto. Why move them to Vegas?

I went back down to the Aud site on Monday. There's just one wall left, and lots of debris. It's so sad. They say the last wall will be down within a week. I've been taking pictures at every stage, and will put them all up as soon as I get the chance. In the meantime, check out this awesome tribute to the Aud that CBC did.

Cafepress has so many amazing hockey-themed shirts.. two of which I got today. One says "Wake me when it's hockey season", and the other says "Hockey Fan, 100% Crazy" (SO TRUE! haha.) They can be found here and here, respectively. There are about a billion more shirts I want from there, I've got to restrain myself.

Oh yeah... and watch out once I get a car. I've already started planning it out.. it's going to be crazy. Decked out in Sabres colors, with these huge car magnets I've found, a bunch of bumper stickers I've found online to order, etc. But I've got to start learning to drive first, now that I've got my permit.

Hmm... what gem shall I leave you all with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment