Monday, June 15, 2009

So, unless you've been under a rock, you know that the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP!!!! I've been busy going absolutely crazy, because although I don't live in Pittsburgh and Buffalo will always be number one, I adore the Penguins. They, and the Hawks, are my 2nd and 3rd favorite teams for sure.

Game 7 was just ridiculous. It was a nerve-racking, nail-biting, exciting, stomach-wrenching, sweating-out-of-nervousness time.

This year's playoffs have also made me realize how much I adore Max Talbot. He is such so HILARIOUS, seriously. From the "shhh" to the 2 goals in Game 7, to him & Jordan Staal running around the streets of Pittsburgh during the parade and slapping high-fives with fans and jumping up and down in the air. Some fan brought a sign (with a picture of him doing the "shhh") and he took it and waved it around in the air!

I've been watching the parade on WPXI.com, and they have really good coverage. I'm glad that I was able to find online coverage of this, because it's such a big deal and it's been so awesome. Geno and Sid letting their parents drink from the Cup on stage. Some of the guys getting off their vehicles and running around. Seeing all the guys in their jerseys and sunglasses (looking gorgeous, I might add. Though they must be sweating like crazy!).

It all makes me realize one thing: I want a Stanley Cup parade in Buffalo. Really really really badly.

So now, the summer begins (though technically, the Sabres have already been gone for 2 months!) NHL Awards this Thursday (June 18.) Draft next Friday and Saturday (yayy draft party at the Albright-Knox.) Free agency starts July 1st. Schedule likely comes out around July 15.

And I'll be relying on my hockey blogs, Youtube videos, all the tapes & hockey DVDs I own, my hockey music, and NHL Network to help get me through this summer.

Just one of the awesome pictures I've found:

No comments:

Post a Comment